Reveille is the Eastwood High School literary arts magazine, composed entirely of student-written poetry, prose, essays, etc. It is printed at the end of each academic year. The deadline for submissions for the 2018 issue is January 31, 2018. Only e-mail submissions will be accepted.
*PLEASE NOTE*: SUBMISSIONS NOT FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED. IF THERE ARE EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES, PLEASE SEE MR. STOVALL IN PORTABLE 403 TO MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK.
- Each entry must be typed and sent to email@example.com . Font should be Times or Times New Roman, plain text, no italics or boldface, 12 point size only. Type your name and the title of your entry in parentheses in the subject field of the e-mail. Also type the period of your creative writing class, if applicable. EXAMPLE: Subject: MedranoK(thelastgoodbye)P2
- The entry must be in a Microsoft Word file (any version). If you do not have access to a computer with Microsoft Word installed, just copy paste your writing into the e-mail itself. If you have more than one submission, send them in separate e-mails. Name the file with your first initial and last name, followed by the title of your story. EXAMPLE: CLopez(TheLongshot)
- Any style or genre of writing is welcomed. We accept poems, stories, essays, excerpts from novels, screenplays, collaborative pieces, diary entries, etc. Classroom writing assignments are also welcomed.
- We cannot print material that contains, celebrates, promotes, or encourages the use of illegal drugs, alcohol, gratuitous violence, excessive vulgarity, obscenity, or content of a sexual nature which would be inappropriate for high school students. Final decisions are based on the judgement of the sponsor and the principal.
- Submissions will be judged anonymously by the Reveille staff, with minimal input from the sponsor. Once submissions have been evaluated, you will be notified as to whether or not your entry will be printed. If your writing is accepted, you will be asked to sign a release document authorizing its publication and certifying that you are the original author. If your writing is rejected, please don't be discouraged. If you would like suggestions for improvement or would like to join the creative writing course next year, please come by portable 403 and speak to Mr. Stovall. Plagiarism Law
ENTRIES SUBMITTED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE READ
Contact us at EHSReveille@gmail.com, or visit us in room 403.